Payzip is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), reference Z335078X.
What Personal Information About Members Does Payzip Gather?
The information we learn from members helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at Payzip. We use the information to process payments, communicate with you about payments and organisations that you are a member of, or have indicated you are interested in, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content and recommend organisations and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our site and service, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising the service for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Payzip. This helps us understand the popularity of browsers, computer operating systems, and screen display sizes that are being used to view and use Payzip.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised content and storage of items such as your user identification number on our system.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Payzip Share The Information it Receives?
Information about members is a critical part of our business and we do not sell your data to others. Payzip shares customer information only as described below:
- Organisations: If you have indicated that you are a member of an organisation, or have an interest in that organisation, we will share your personal details (Name, Address and email address only) with that organisation. If you make a payment to an organisation, we will also share details of what you have paid for with the organisation. We will not share other information we hold about you (for example information on other organisations that you are a member of or interested in) with an organisation unless you consent to us doing so.
- Third Party Service Providers: We sometimes employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, for example, processing credit card payments and providing marketing services. They have access only to the personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, if Payzip or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Payzip and Others: We will release account and other personal information when we believe it is appropriate or necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Payzip, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes. This does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from members for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Online payment details are securely processed and stored by Stripe on Payzip's behalf - they are not held within Payzip's systems.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What information can I access?
If you choose to create a Payzip member account, you can see and modify the email address associated with that account. You can also change the password associated with that account. The member dashboard enables you to view current and past invoices you have received, and payments you have made.
Organisation account owners are required to supply their name, email address, telephone number, and postal address. These are used for anti money-laundering checks upon registration, and for any operational support matters that may arise.
Organisation administrators create members for their organisation. A member in Payzip consists of a member name, and an email address which is where email invoices are sent.
Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Payzip, please contact us and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our Privacy Notice will change from time-to-time. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.