What Personal Information About Members Does PayZip Gather?
The information we learn from members helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at PayZip. We use the information to process payments, communicate with you about payments and organisations that you are a member of, or have indicated you are interested in, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content and recommend organisations and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our site and service, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising the service for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses PayZip.
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised content and storage of items in your shopping basket.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does PayZip share the Information it receives?
Information about members is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. PayZip shares customer information only as described below:
- Organisations: If you have indicated that you are a member of an organisation, or have an interest in that organisation, we will share your personal details (Name, Address and email address only) with that organisation. If you make a payment to an organisation, we will also share details of what you have paid for with the organisation. We will not share other information we hold about you (for example information on other organisations that you are a member of or interested in) with an organisation unless you consent to us doing so.
- Your Payment Details: We will never disclose your card or bank account details to any party, other than to our payment service provider for the purposes of processing your payment.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, for example processing credit card payments and providing marketing services. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, if PayZip or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of PayZip and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of PayZip, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from members for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a payment. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during payment processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
PayZip gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with PayZip for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at PayZip, please contact us and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.